Wednesday, January 6, 2016

So much in a Year Part 4 (Finally!!)

Well, my mother came to visit us in October, we had a blast.  We visited the Burj Khalifa, Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque, went on a desert safari excursion, shopped, took desert pics and shopped a bit more at the local souks.  The night before she was due to leave we had a conversation about her staying a couple days longer.  As the mother she is, she was concerned about the cost to change the flight, especially since I got the flight during Etihad's error fare almost a year ago (ticket was ~$300 R/T).  She continued to refuse so I said (khalas- finish) she will leave in the morning.  Well, we get to the airport 2 hrs before her flight is scheduled to leave and find out that they require a 3 hr advance check in and would not allow her to board.  lol.  My first thought was, "Ok, I guess I got what I wanted anyway".  Of course she felt bad, but I was happy.  We turned around, went home and enjoyed a few more days together.  I did however, feel bad for the 3 other couples (yes 3) that were not allowed to board, they were just visiting the area and had no family or friends they could stay with until they rebooked their flights.  One even had a flight later that week to Belize that would have to suffer financially due to having to pay for a new flight.  In the end, it all worked out, my mother was able to spend 2 whole days with the kids while Brian and I had to go to work.  Each day they came home more spoiled than the last (glad that only lasted 2 days).
I really miss having her close, we lived together for the last 3 years before I moved here to the UAE and I now realize how much of a blessing she really has been.  Some of you may now, but I was not the best child to take care of (yeah, go figure).  I put my mom through a lot; tried to commit suicide, bad grades (terrible grades), smart mouth, etc. I know that she already had a lot to deal with as a single parent and I didn't make things easy on her, but she loved me unconditionally.
I am a firm believer that nothing happens by chance, I know my childhood (and adult) experiences have brought me to this point in my life and I thank God for giving me the strength and allowing me to go through them.

A mother's Love... none can compare.













4 comments:

  1. You are a strong women of God... A true example for me, and my right hand. (Good thing I'm left handed ;)
    I am so proud of you Tiffany. There were times as you were growing up that I was fearful, but you've proved yourself over and over again.

    Love your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a strong women of God... A true example for me, and my right hand. (Good thing I'm left handed ;)
    I am so proud of you Tiffany. There were times as you were growing up that I was fearful, but you've proved yourself over and over again.

    Love your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a strong women, who has much faith in God. I am so proud of your life, what you have accomplished, and the mate you chose to share it with. You are my right hand..(good thing I'm left handed ;)

    Love your lives.

    ReplyDelete