Wednesday, January 6, 2016

New Beginnings

New Beginnings....

At the end of each year my husband and I choose a word or phrase that we believe will depict the upcoming year.  Last year it was Khalas (arabic for finish).  This year it is new beginnings.  Although I am still working on accepting this, I wanted it to be Perseverance, I know this year will have many new beginnings as well.

On Dec. 1, 2015 I found a lump in my right breast and about 14 days later it was confirmed to be cancerous.  At first I was in a  bit of shock, me, I'm only 35 years old.  Yes, I know Im over weight and could eat healthier, but I had just begun walking in the morning with a friend.  We joined the local gym about 4 months ago and attend 3-4 days a week, what is really going on?  After praying and seeking God about what this means, I have come to realize that I have been chosen, crazy huh.  God has seen me fit enough to carry out this plan, that some may seem as death and destruction.  He reminded me of my journey to get here in the UAE, my battle with trying to commit suicide in high school, the youth ministry my husband and I oversaw for 10 years.  All these memories and through them all I've always said that God placed me here to go through some things that He knew others could not handle. So... here I am Lord, use me up!!

We have been here almost 2 years (will be 2 years in March) and this entire time we have been, what I call, pew sitters.  We go to church, don't really get involved, but just have been basking in His Glory.  We almost joined the youth ministry team, but decided not to until we heard from God.  At first I thought, "Wow, this is nice, just sitting back watching others work for God", but I later realized that we had to rejuvenate, rest up, reflect on how our lives will be utilized for His Kingdom.  These past 2 years was a time of rest and reflection.  A time for us to grow closer as a family.  Just before we left the US, we were going 100mph; working, coaching, running a business and a ministry.  Being here was time for us to get back to the basics and focus on us.  The light work load, no business (although I've researched several here), no coaching has allowed us to spend some incredible amounts of family time together.  We have weekly game nights (which were unheard of at home), time to work out together and just be family, I'm loving it!!

So...I said all this to say, new beginnings... a time for us to walk in the plans God has for us.  I embrace this journey and I pray that my flesh does not get in the way of His destiny for our lives and the lives we are called to touch.  It's time to dig our heels in a little deeper, lean on who we know is our strength and press.  God Bless!!






8 comments:

  1. I questioned God after my divorce when God spoke to me and said...these light afflictions are but for a moment and are working a far nor greater weight of glory!!! But, it is actually so true. I never knew how many other people were wayching how I've gone through my challenges. How Ice responded and overcome. My challenge has not been about me, but for Hod to be glorified. Allow God to be glorified in your life!!!! Be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Brian have been such a blessing to know and your perspective on this part of your journey is incredible. Forward...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your great destiny is set by Abba so continue to follow His leading love you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. You need that time to unwind sometimes. Not for forever, but enough time to be renewed so that you have something to give. "You can't pour from an empty cup".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank for sharing....God only gives to you what you can handle. Thank you for allowing me on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank for sharing....God only gives to you what you can handle. Thank you for allowing me on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you sharing and allowing me to be part of this journey with your family and you. Glory be to God. He gives us only what we can handle. Sending your family and you much love.

    ReplyDelete