Sunday, February 7, 2016

Round 1 weeks 2 and 3

I have been pretty lazy, and feeling good, hence the lack of an update. lol.  Weeks 2 and 3 after round 1 of chemo were GREAT!!! I was still very sensitive to different smells and tastes, but for the most part it was grand.  For my husband's birthday we decided to spend the evening in Dubai, get Moroccan baths (note to self- give details at to what he should expect), a nice dinner and just some "us" time.  If you know anything about Dubai, you know that you will not go anywhere without making your way into someone's mall.  Well, we made our way into 3.  Although we did not spend much money, #Dave Ramsey, it was more difficult then I anticipated.  At the last mall, just wondering around, I realized that I was extremely tired, so tired that I had to literally find a wall, slide down it and take a breather.  At first I was a bit embarrassed, but then i thought, "these folks don't know me". lol  After I got my breathe we made our way back to our hotel room were we called it a night.  I felt bad that we didn't really do anything exciting, but Brian was just happy that we were out together, without the kids, and I was feeling better.  

To my relief, my hair finally began to fall out.  It sounds crazy, but the doctor told me that my hair would begin to fall out days 10-12 of round 1.  He suggested that I cut it because it would hurt, which it did.  Well, when days 10-12 came and left I begin to think that I may be the less than 10% who don't loose their hair.  I started to freak out, did I just cut my hair for no reason?  Well, on day 14 my hair began to come out in patches.  I was so excited that I called Brian to tell him the good news, at least cutting my hair wasn't in vain.  Crazy?  I know.  Well, the hair came out in patches and my son asked it I could just shave it all off, it looked scary, so I asked my neighbor to shave it all.  After the big shave my head didn't hurt anymore either, so I guess that was a good thing.

How am I feeling:
physically- GREAT!! Well, as good as I think i will with having chemo
emotionally- OK, anticipating the worse so my mind keeps wandering and I keep researching side effects

Prayer Requests:
Please pray for my babies, they are handling things very well, but I know Asa is becoming more and more attached to me, not wanting anything to hurt me.  I just pray that I have enough energy to do things with them, even if it's just to help them off to school.
My hair coming out in patches.  Don't mind the gray. lol

Trying a couple different scarf techniques.  Gotta love Youtube

Found an Auntie Annie on one of our 3 mall walks



Mean mugging before we go out on the town.  The scarf on my shoulder
almost looks like my locs, took me back for a min.

Baldheaded like a full moon shining.  My BFF said I look like
I have caterpillars on my face.  I almost died laughing


My LS (line sister- OO-OOP), the crazy one, cut her locs in support of me.  I love this crazy chick!

No comments:

Post a Comment